Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My little mustard seed

If you haven't heard our news, read here first. Then come back and I'll tell you how I feel about it.

I haven't exactly been a supportive, encouraging wife on this whole job application to Georgia thing. It wasn't what I had in mind, wasn't the timetable I'd imagined. I'm seriously working my way through the 5 stages of grief--I've passed denial, anger, bargaining, and now hover between depression and acceptance. It was a hard move here for me and I've realized it will be a hard move away.
In all my prayers and all my longing for assurances that this is the right thing, the one sure answer I've received is this: Trust in the Lord. General Conference was going on the weekend we had to make our decision, and I didn't get the answer I was seeking, but I was reminded of a few important things. Namely that I'm not alone in this and that I need my faith to be more powerful than my fears.

"Things work out, it isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out, don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers."
Gordon B. Hinckley

"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." (Matthew 17:20)




"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Well. . . I have faith that flights to Hawaii might be easier from Georgia. Come see me, friend! I wouldn't wish a move on anyone, but just remember that you take people with you in some form or fashion when you move. Neighbors and friends may be accumulated, as well as appreciated. And I am confident that every place you have put down your roots, you have let something beautiful growing. All these mixed metaphors. Don't dwell on them. Good luck with another move! I totally thought you were pregnant. This is lesser news i comparison! Maybe that can cheer you up -- just think . . . you could be pregnant.

Maggie said...

When I read your blog I thought I was getting a double announcement. I was amazed that mom and dad had done such a good job keeping a pregnancy a secret, when I had heard several times from both of them that you were moving.
I always like to remember a friend who reminded me once, "Bloom where you are planted".Good luck and you can call me if you didn't get all your tears out yet (or if you did).