Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

I love my friends. I love keeping track of and staying in touch with those who are scattered far and wide (but I still can't bring myself to facebook!!)
I love the feelings evoked by conversations with true friends, who just "get" you and always know what you mean and what to say.
In the last week, I've had long talks with 3 good friends--two by long distance phone and one while completely-out-of-breath running.

Personal conversations with words meant just for me, but thank you, friends. I'm supposed to speak in church on Sunday about the still small voice, so I've been thinking about that all week. I think that Heavenly Father can speak to us through other familiar voices too--voices you love and trust can tell you things about yourself that you need to know.

And as much as I adore my girlfriends, Rob really is my BFF. I've heard women say they don't believe that stuff about a husband being your best friend...but it's true for me, truly. I've got good people on my team.

4 comments:

agarlitz said...

Love you Flori. Good luck on your talk. Your gift for my baby is just darling. Thank you for thinking of me.
Alica

Charity said...

Great post, and I agree 100% I love my girlfriends, but the one person that I turn to and care about his opinion most is Nathan. I think that is good and just.

I think I get to talk after you, so take as much time as you want ;) I'm having a hard time figuring out how to start this talk.

See you tomorrow.

klchristensen said...

I have had times when I have felt so picked on because I did not have sisters but with that trial I have had friends that could very well be my sisters because they treat me like I think a sister would be to me. Friends are wonderful. The recent lessons in Sunday School and RS have made me think more and more about the brother sister relationship we have because we are all children of Heavenly Father. So as I think of my children the older I get and the older they get I realize that brother and sister seems more the relationship than parent child. Thank you Flori for being my sister. Love Mom

kim said...

I feel the same way about my "team". And there really is something about barely able to breathe that makes me just want to spill my guts. Thanks for listening :)