Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My life as a moviestar

Do you ever feel like you're in a movie? Maybe it's the heavy rain we've had for 2 days (remnants of hurricane Ida) that makes the light different and the mood more somber. Maybe it's having the kids home from school (Veteran's Day) that makes things seem unnatural. I just keep having moments today where I feel like I'm in a movie scene, waiting for someone to cue the music.

Scene 1: I slept in and woke to the sound of heavy rain, feeling thankful for a good excuse to skip my morning run. I watched Rob sleeping and listened to the girls playing happily downstairs. I have a good life, I know I do.

Scene 2: Our breakfast scene resembled the one in "Cheaper by the dozen"--LOUD, chaotic, and messy. And then everyone dissipated quickly and I was left alone in the kitchen with a sink full of dishes. I didn't even mind because it was 5 quiet minutes that I needed to recover.

Scene 3: A friend came over to get help on a baby quilt. We sat and talked and laughed and unstitched and then restitched together. A modern day quilting bee. Just my favorite thing to do on a rainy day.

If I were really cool, I'd select the background music to my scenes and provide links for you. But today the music will just have to live in my head(and in yours). I have to go prepare for my next scene, "Dinner", and I haven't read the script yet.


**When in high school, I was told more than once that I bore a striking resemblance to Andie MacDowell. It was the hair, I know. But I might pick her to play me in a movie.

5 comments:

Krista said...

so I love this post...and I could just picture the movie scenes. You do live a beautiful life.
I think I may try this as a good coping skill to some of the hum drum of normal but still good life. I'll tell myself, Sigh Krista and flip your hair forward...maybe look like you're going to cry for a minute...and really I'm just acting or maybe it will be real...no one will know. :)
I don't know who would play me. I was once told I looked like faith hill but I don't think she acts and I think it was just my short hair cut then...

Carrie said...

I totally see the Andie MacDowell resemblance! And what a cool way to describe your day.

BTW--I think all the organization urges are a product of living in one place for 5 years because before this I never lived anywhere longer than 18 months. I feel too cluttered! Maybe it's having 3 kids now too :)

Emily said...

I would like to enter your movie world. I don't where to jump in, though. Having been to your home for various meals, I'd go for either dinner or breakfast. I don't sew, but I'd love to unstitch my stitches and laugh with you. Where was Bea during all this? YOu sound so independent!

Maggie said...

So... I love that you even chose who would play you in the movie. I think you and Andi could be sisters.Who would be Rob? I would choose Reese Witherspoon (even though I know I'm not as cute as she is) and Justin would be played by George Strait. it was fun talking to you today.

klchristensen said...

Dear Flori
You are much prettier than that actress. Your life will have something more than movies to show for the scenes you creat in your home. Love Mom